Did Ya Get the Point Yet

Greetings in the Lord!

Today's word is from 2 Samuel chapter 12. However, instead of quoting a verse or two, I will tell you a story....as that is the point the Lord has been trying to make to me. In fact, I've received this passage of scripture at least three times lately, and each time I was intellectually understanding what it said, but was not discerning what the Lord was trying to say to me....guess it just needed to be in layman's terms or illustrated.

Anyway, after reading and re-reading, the Holy Spirit finally flat out told me: "Everyday is a 'ministry day' there--Be ready in season and out of season. Preach the Word. Tell and share your stories--I want to touch and bless and reach these people." Oh, yeah; tell a story like Nathan did to King David in 2 Samuel 12--I get it.
~Well, it started on Monday night when the Holy Spirit told me to pray that the Lord would begin to minister to my new co-workers while they slept at night. On Tuesday morning one of them told the whole group about the "strange" dream she has the previous night about 2 other co-workers....then later on, the Spirit gave me the interpretation of that dream and it was a neat witnessing experience. Also on Tuesday the Spirit gave me a "freeing " word for another co-worker and she was both intrigued and enlightened by the Truth and is now having the opportunity to choose to live in freedom. On Wednesday, the Lord gave a word for yet another co-worker that her shoulder would be healed in six months, which led to 2 more conversations with others about the healing power of God and prophecy---both stirring their hearts and encouraging them to desire more of the Lord in their lives. On Thursday, my boss came in and asked me about living overseas and that led, of course, to more opportunities to share the amazing things the Lord has done in my life and around the world. Then, I offered to tell her "a story a day" until my contract is up at the end of October and she delightedly agreed to it. Lastly, today I had another co-worker come and talk to me about "how she could get started" in a deeper relationship with Jesus, saying, "I'm so hungry for more!"

~What a week, huh? It's a cool little story about how the Lord wants to teach, reach, and bless us--and about us being excited to be a blessing to others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

It's Not that Strange, Doctor

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now