Fearless Rapids in the Dry Lands

Greetings in the Lord!

Today's word comes from Isaiah 35:1-6~
"The desert and the parched land will be glad; the wilderness will rejoice and blossom. Like the crocus, it will burst into bloom; it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy. The glory of Lebanon will be given to it, the splendor of Carmel and Sharon, they will see the glory of the Lord, the splendor of our God. Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts, "Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, He will come with vengeance; with divine retribution He will come to save you." Then will the eyes of the blind be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped. Then will the lame leap like a deer, and the mute tongue shout for joy. Water will gush forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert."

~Have you ever felt what it's like to hear the perfectly timed word of the Lord--an encouraging word that lifts your spirits and makes certain your hope of good things to come? Then you can relate to the passage given to us today! It's also interesting that lately the words of the Lord speak about His presence being expressed in nature, and that, reciprocally, nature sings of His glory and "the desert and the parched land will be glad; the wilderness will rejoice and blossom." I discern that the Lord is getting ready to send us out into the "parched land" to share His living water with the thirsty. It also confirms a dream I had recently: I was in a city in dry land attempting to discreetly buy a white and blue scarf from two women. I wanted to use the scarf as a prayer shawl and the women knew it, even asking me if I was Christian. Though I feared retribution from the admission, I said, "Yes, I am." To my surprise, their frowns turned into friendly smiles, and when I turned around, I saw a huge line of people had gathered behind me to purchase the same....they were all hungry to spend time praying to the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob! "Then the eyes of the blind will be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped...Water will gush forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert."
~Be blessed and be a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Confession is Good for the Soul

It's Not that Strange, Doctor

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael