Godless Myths Blown Away in the Wind

Greetings in the Lord!

Today's word comes from Jeremiah 10:2-4,8,11-13:
"This is what the Lord says: "Do not learn the ways of the nations or be terrified by signs in the sky, though the nations are terrified by them. For the customs of the peoples are worthless; they cut a tree out of the forest, and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel. They adorn it with silver and gold; they fasten it with hammer and nails so it will not totter....They are all senseless and foolish; they are taught by worthless wooden idols....Tell them this: 'These gods, who did not make the heavens and the earth, will perish from the earth and from under the heavens.' But God made the earth by His power; He founded the world by His wisdom and stretched out the heavens by His understanding. When He thunders, the waters in the heavens roar; He makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth. He sends lightning with the rain and brings out the wind from His storehouses."

~Early this morning I awoke from a dream in which I was being suspended outside of an aircraft and watching from way above the earth the wind and water currents, as like on a giant weather map. A hand pointed out the usual current routings and then showed me the new paths they would take. I imitated the new paths with my finger, speaking the changes as I did so. As I did this the currents changed and I wondered how that would effect things way down on earth below. The voice said, "Don't be afraid of this."

When I woke up I did my usual routine of opening up my Bible to see what scripture the Lord would use to explain the dream and I turned to Jeremiah chapter 10, with the words, "Do not learn the ways of the nations or be terrified by signs in the sky, though the nations are terrified by them." My understanding of the dream was that the Lord was going to shake up the earth's normal weather patterns (and other scientific areas) to debunk the learnings of the "wise" and "scholarly." Much scientific thought and teaching is an idol in the lives of the "educated." The simple fact is that everything from Evolution to Communism was contrived from human thought, and any theory that seeks to circumvent or deny the Lord as Creator and Sovereign over all things will pass away..."They are worthless, the objects of mockery; when their judgement comes, they will perish. He who is the Portion of Jacob is not like these, for he is the Maker of all things, including Israel, the tribe of His inheritance--the Lord Almighty is His name." Jeremiah 10:15-16.
~Amen and amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Confession is Good for the Soul

It's Not that Strange, Doctor

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael