End to Lewdness

Greetings in the Lord!

Today's word comes from Ezekiel 23:40-48~
"They even sent messengers for men who came from far away, and when they arrived you bathed yourself for them, painted your eyes and put on your jewelry....The noise of a carefree crowd was around her; Sabeans were brought from the desert along with men from the rabble, and they put bracelets on the arms of the woman and her sister and beautiful crowns on their heads. Then I said about the one worn out by adultery, 'Now let them use her as a prostitute, for that is all she is.'....so they slept with those lewd women, Oholah and Oholibah. But righteous men will sentence them to the punishment of women who commit adultery...because they are adulterous...This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Bring a mob against them and give them over to terror and plunder....So I will put an end to lewdness in the land, that all women may take warning and not imitate you."

~Tonight, just as the sky became dark and the air into a crisp Fall night, the Lord put on my heart to walk through the neighborhoods near the university campus leading to the downtown area. The main street I followed is lined with big, old rental houses, full of college students. Through the front windows it was easy to see how the young renters had arranged and decorated their houses to promote a very social and celebrative environment: makeshift bars, plenty of luminaries and Christmas lights, worn out furniture on the lawns and porches, and big stereo speakers arranged in the living rooms.

As I passed by some of the houses the word "lewdness" was gently spoken to my heart. "Yes," I said to the Holy Spirit, "probably many lewd things go on in there." When I was making my return trip back on the other side of the street, the Lord had me turn and go down another street and began to lay things on my heart to pray and declare to the neighborhoods: "holiness," "purity," "a thirst to know Jesus," and a "hunger for salvation and wisdom," and that "His children would return to Him," and so on.

At the end of my walk was the Wesley House, which is a Methodist campus ministry foundation for students....it also just so happens that a part of it was my house while I was growing up because my dad was the Campus Pastor. Upon approaching the building the Lord gave me a vision of a very talented girl playing a guitar---the Lord has placed a special calling on her life to minister through music, I discerned by the Holy Spirit. I prayed that the Lord would direct many students down the pathway to their door so that they would come to know Christ as Lord and be equipped to do a mighty work on campus and beyond. The Lord also put on my heart to pray that Ferris State University would be the starting school for Christian revival in all of Michigan's universities; when I prayed that, I saw a vision of two giant men turning their heads northward--one represented MSU and the other U of M. They wanted to see what was going on and join in. Begin to praise God this day that all His words will be fulfilled in due season. Also, pray for unity and that the Lord would sustain and guide those who have been called to leadership positions.
~Be blessed and be a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

It's Not that Strange, Doctor

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now