When Did You Visit Me

Greetings in the Lord!

Today's word comes from Matthew 25:39-40:
"When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?"
"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"

~Yesterday after church I met the father of one of my high school classmates and asked him how his son was doing. He hung his head and told me softly that his son was just sent away to prison for selling drugs. He was so sad, as was I to receive that news. As I listened to his father give me some of the details, my mind raced with memories of his son and I from childhood onto high school graduation. I recalled silently how his son had gotten heavily involved with an occultic "kids" game called "Dungeons and Dragons" in high school and had begun to change into a very rebellious and hostile young man. No doubt his son had invited some nasty demons to have influence over his life.

His father had always been such a godly guy. He thoroughly accepted my offer to keep his son in my prayers...but God had even bigger ideas. Today as I was led to the above verse I knew the Lord wanted me to make contact with his son. After a few phone calls I was told that right now he can only receive cards and letters. As I sat down to write, the Lord put in my heart Isaiah 49:6, 14-23. I won't take time now to write it out for you here, but suffice to say that it is an amazing prophetic word for restoration and a call to service. Praise God for His tender mercy and faithfulness! We serve and awesome and compassionate God!
~Be blessed and be a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Confession is Good for the Soul

A Deep Work Being Done

Unshakable Lord, Have Your Way

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation