My God Radiates Like the Sun

Greetings in the Lord!

Today's word comes from Psalm 19:1-6:
"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.
There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.
Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens He has pitched a tent for the sun, which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavillion, like a champion rejoicing to run his course. It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is hidden from its heat."

~I must admit, a few weeks ago when the Lord led me to read this Psalm, I struggled to grasp the fullness of what He was saying with those first six verses. However, over the weekend while I was at a meeting to hear prophetic speaker David Herzog speak, I had a wonderful vision.
As I was getting into the worship music being played, I noticed a large United States flag on the wall; in an instant I had a vision of a hand coming down and taking it off the wall and sewing it onto a quilt--the quilt was full of all the other flags of the world. Next, I saw Jesus wrapping himself in this quilt and squeezing it around him, like the people do in the Downy commercials. I felt His love for the whole world, valuing all the nations equally. I wanted to wrap up in the blanket with Him, so I did, and we loved the world together.

As we were cuddling in the blanket I said to Jesus, "Why don't you ever let me see your eyes? I see all of you but your eyes." He said, "Ok, look." My eyes followed up his chest to his beard, past his mouth and nose, and when I came to where His eyes should have been, I found myself looking at a huge orange sun setting over an ocean! The intimacy of the moment and His love for me was being expressed in the setting sun. It was then that I realized the fullness of the scriptures in today's word--nature is expressing the depth and awesomeness of our Lord's love for us! "Day after day they pour forth speech...Their voice goes out into all the earth....In the heavens He has pitched a tent for the sun, which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavillion,...nothing is hidden from its heat."

~Be blessed and be a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Confession is Good for the Soul

It's Not that Strange, Doctor

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael