The Lord Hears the Needy

Greetings in the Lord!

Today's word is from Psalm 69. I will share selected verses:
V. 8-9) I am a stranger to my brothers, an alien to my own mother's sons; for zeal for your house consumes me, and the insults of those who insult you fall on me.
V. 13) But I pray to you, O Lord, in the time of your favor; in your great love, O God, answer me with your sure salvation. Rescue me from the mire, do not let me sink; deliver me from those who hate me...
V. 16) Answer me, O Lord, out of the goodness of your love; in your great mercy turn to me.
V. 20) Scorn has broken my heart and has left me helpless; I looked for sympathy, but there was none, for comforters, but I found none.
V. 29-30) I am in pain and distress; may your salvation, O God, protect me. I will praise God's name in song and glorify Him with thanksgiving.
V. 32-335a) The poor will see and be glad--you who seek God, may your hearts live! The Lord hears the needy and does not dispise His captive people. Let heaven and earth praise Him, the seas and all that move in them, for God will save Zion and rebuild the cities of Judah.

~In addition to this word I had a vivid dream this morning that illustrated this psalm and finished with 2 people being carefully and safely led down a road full of rattlesnakes. I discern that today's word is an intercessory prayer for those who are struggling with persecution and betrayal. Let's join together in prayer today and lift up those innocent righteous ones who may be enduring torment from their enemies and/or suffering from the betrayal of close ones. May those suffering servants trust in You, O Lord, for their promised deliverance and Your precious favor. May their hearts be filled with joy and peace as they call upon You and rest in Your sure salvation. May You continue to fill them with Your wisdom and guidance. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

~Be blessed and be a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Confession is Good for the Soul