Laying On Of Hands

Greetings in the Lord!

Today's word comes from Acts 8:18-20 and Micah 3:11:
"When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles' hands, he offered them money and said, 'Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.' Peter answered: 'May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money!'"

Micah 3:11: "Her leaders judge for a bribe, her priests teach for a price, and her prophets tell fortunes for money. Yet they lean upon the Lord and say, 'Is not the Lord among us? No disaster will come upon us.'"

~Both of these verses are sober reminders to keep Christ first. Obviously, Simon was very impressed with the visible effects of the laying on of hands by the apostles. All miraculous displays of the Spirit are awesome---God is awesome! However, we cannot secretly desire the manifestation of the baptism of the Holy Spirit on another person by the laying on of our hands to bring glory or any other reward to ourselves. "Though you probe my heart and examine me at night, though you test me, you will find nothing; I have resolved that my mouth will not sin. V15) And I--in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness." (Psalm 17:3,15)

~ Be blessed and be a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Confession is Good for the Soul