Effective Prayers of the Righteous Avail

Greetings in the Lord!

Today's word comes from Jeremiah 18:3-10 and Jeremiah 27:1-8~
"So I went down to the potter's house, and saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him. Then the word of the Lord came to me: "O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?" declares the Lord. "Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel. If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned. And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted, and if it does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it."

"Early in the reign of Zedekiah son of Josiah, king of Judah, this word came to Jeremiah from the Lord: This is what the Lord said to me: "Make a yoke out of straps and crossbars and put it on your neck. Then send word to the kings of Edom, Moab, Ammon, Tyre and Sidon through the envoys who have come to Jerusalem to Zedekiah king of Judah. Give them a message for their masters and say, 'This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: "Tell this to your masters: With my great power and outstretched arm I made the earth and its people and the animals that are on it, and I give it to anyone I please. Now I will hand all your countries over to my servant Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon; I will make even the wild animals subject to him. All nations will serve him and his son and his grandson until the time for his land comes; then many nations and great kings will subjugate him. If, however, any nation or kingdom will not serve Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon or bow its neck under his yoke, I will punish that nation with the sword, famine and plague," declares the Lord, "until I destroy it by his hand."

~Isn't it interesting how the Lord allows for a time of choosing, even as a nation, to either repent and follow in His ways or not?  That is His grace He is extending to us.  I like too, that we can stand in the gap and pray for those who are too blind or rebellious to choose His way. Such mercy and grace....and yet, will they chose as a nation to follow the word of the Lord?  Will they relent and give in to the purposes of God,or will they chose to follow the agendas of the wicked? There are struggles for power in many countries, but one thing is for sure, these struggles are spiritually-oriented like never before. These are the days of the 'great harvest for souls,' and the Lord is dispatching aggressive recruiters and warriors this season. Let's all come into agreement that we will let the Holy Spirit fill us with boldness wherever and whenever the Lord calls us into service to speak His Word; that when we are called to take the land that we will say, "With our God leading the way, nothing is impossible.;" and when a time comes to stand in the gap prayerfully when everyone else is choosing to make his own way that we will be obedient and compassionate instead of judgmental and harsh so that we might plant effectively the word of God in people's hearts. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.

~Be blessed and be a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

It's Not that Strange, Doctor

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now