Keep to the Blueprint Please

Greetings in the Lord!

Today's word comes from Isaiah 44:8~
"Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one."

~Tonight I went to a different student Bible study near campus. It was a group of about 12 or so, mostly Methodist kids. Being Methodist myself, I can say that these kids were a fair representation of what is going on in many of the Methodist churches these days--heavy on the socializing and light on scripture...even lighter on the Holy Spirit. But nonetheless, the Lord did send me there for His purposes. First, to give a prophetic word for one of His chosen ones out of the group that had a special calling for evangelism through music, and that she should move boldly through the doors the Lord has open for her. She was very happy to receive it and it was confirmation for her about some issues. Now, you may be saying to yourself, "Aren't all the kids chosen?" Well, that leads me to the other purpose the Lord sent me there to witness.

A visiting pastor shared a project that was on his heart---to host a music-filled Methodist event on campus to: "Prepare our young s for a successful and faith-filled college experience and enhance the value and value-image of the Wesley House ministry at Ferris State." Hmmm...it sounded to me like a "God-plan" had been tailored down to suit a more conventional and politically correct mentality within the modern Methodist tradition, i.e., so watered down that the Spirit was barely recognizable. Through the discussion he did admit that his "big dream" was originally more of a three-day revival---so, why did he change it? What he presented to us was just another manmade project (nearly secular with faith words sprinkled in for good measure). The Lord had to reel me in! Then gently, God put upon my heart to casually and plainly suggest an inter-denominational event, partnering with other Christian campus groups and to plan a "worship time" when the kids could sing favorite praise songs and worship Him. The group decided that was good..at which I said, "Whew."

"Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one." I had no reason to worry...the Lord is going to have His way over the revival He had planned long ago on the campus of Ferris. You and I are witnesses together of the prophetic words spoken and written over that university since this summer. Amen and amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

It's Not that Strange, Doctor

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now