My Mouth Will Tell

Greetings in the Lord!

As I was praying and asking the Lord about the word to give for today, He put on my heart to begin to share with you all the "God moments" that will be happening while I am in the Philippines ministering this month....and have already have begun! Last week, there were two such instances, but I will share only one for time's sake.

The first one happened after I was done playing basketball at Iron Mt. high school. On the way out the door, I saw the janitor, and we made small talk as usual. However, on that day he asked me where I was going to next and that opened a door to tell him about the Philippines, and then on to witnessing about Christ to him. He was overjoyed! He said over the past year he had been thinking more about eternal life, and he didn't want to go to Hell. He said he knew he was a good person, "I'd probably get in heaven, ya know, but I want to be sure;" but he didn't talk about these things with anyone so his questions remained. We talked that day and in addition to answering his questions, the Lord gave me a word for him: that he was going to be used to fill the atmosphere in the school with praises to God and be a witness to the kids there. His praising God would change the whole dynamic of the school! Praise God! The next day I saw the janitor again and he told me that "after I left you yesterday, I was like, fired up all night--I couldn't sit down! I had never felt like that before!" I said, "Wow--the glory of God fell on you, my friend. His Presence is amazing, huh?" He agreed and was so happy; he even felt the overwhelming desire to "give money to the poor, ya know?" He said he "always wanted to be a giver, and actually did some of that when the kids were collecting for Katrina, but now I'm gonna give!"

Psalm 71:14-18: "But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure.
I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign Lord; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.
Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
Even when I am old and grey, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come."
~Be blessed and be a blessing...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now

Set Free From the Trap

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael