Blow the Horn, Sound the Trumpet

Greetings in the Lord!

Today's word comes from Jeremiah chapter 6. I will write selected verses:
V. 1 "Flee for safety, people of Benjamin! Flee from Jerusalem! Sound the trumpet in Tekoa! Raise the signal over Beth Hakkerem! For disaster looms out of the north, even terrible destruction."
V. 4 "Prepare for battle against her! Arise, let us attack at noon! But alas, the daylight is fading, and the shadows of evening grow long. So arise, let us attack at night and destroy her fortresses!"
V. 9 "This is what the Lord Almighty says: 'Let them glean the remnant of Israel as thoroughly as a vine; pass your hand over the branches again, like one gathering grapes.'"
V. 10 "To whom can I speak and give warning? Who will listen to me? Their ears are closed so they cannot hear. The word of the Lord is offensive to them; they find no pleasure in it."
V. 22 "This is what the Lord says: 'Look, an army is coming from the land of the north; a great nation is being stirred up from the ends of the earth."
V. 26 "O my people, put on sackcloth and roll in ashes; mourn with bitter wailing as for an only son, for suddenly the destroyer will come upon us."
V. 27a "I have made you a tester of metals and my people are the ore, that you may observe and test their ways."

~Even as I write this I am incredibly saddened. As I received the word earlier, I began to plead with the Lord to have mercy and the Spirit said, "Get behind me...you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of man." Yes, I do think with the mind of man: who can bear to suffer? But with my spirit I say, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Two summers ago the Lord had poured into me words about many of the events that are now happening. "The bellows blow fiercely to burn away the lead with fire..." (Jeremiah 6:29a) Seek Him while He may be found, my fellow countrymen....
~"The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of pleasure." Ecclesiastes 7:4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Confession is Good for the Soul

Unshakable Lord, Have Your Way

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now