Eternal Life

Greetings in the Lord!

Today's word comes from 1 Samuel chapter 28:13-15a and Matthew 27:52-53.
"The king (Saul) said to her, "Don't be afraid. What do you see?" The woman said, "I see a spirit coming up out of the ground. "What does he look like?" he asked. "An old man wearing a robe is coming up," she said. Then Saul knew it was Samuel, and he bowed down and prostrated himself with his face to the ground. Samuel said to Saul, "Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?" (1 Samuel 28:13-15a)

"The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people." (Matthew 27:52-53).

~Today's word is more like an open-ended question: where did both Samuel and the "many holy people" arise from? I remember praying to the Lord back in November 2005, "Lord, I don't have to understand everything about You and Your ways, just use me to reach people however You choose." And since that time I've run into at least three very unexplanable instances where I've been ministering to people who had just lost loved ones, and the Lord stretched my understanding of life and death--and eternal life in Christ.
"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself. And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man." (John 5:24-27)

~Choose eternal life with Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Confession is Good for the Soul

A Deep Work Being Done

Unshakable Lord, Have Your Way

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation