To the Ones I Esteem

Greetings in the Lord!

Today's word comes from Isaiah 65:13-16, and 66:1-16. Since it is such a long passage, I will write only selected verses, but know for sure that this entire word is for the nation of the Philippines.
"Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: 'My servants will eat, but you will go hungry; my servants will drink, but you will go thirsty; my servants will rejoice but you will be put to shame. My servants will sing out of the joy of their hearts, but you will cry out from the anguish of heart and wail in brokenness of spirit. You will leave your name to my chosen ones as a curse; the Sovereign Lord will put you to an end, but to his servants he will give another name. Whoever invokes a blessing in the land will do so by the God of truth; he who takes an oath in the land will swear by the God of truth. For the past troubles will be forgotten and hidden from my eyes."

Isaiah 66 talks more about the difference between those who are the servants of the Lord and of their promised blessings, and of the judgment to be poured out for those who abuse His servants and worship idols, etc. In doing some research of the Philippines, I have found that it can range from being a highly volatile place; where political conflicts and religious extremism rears its ugly head to a place where the hospitable Asian culture welcomes the fellowship of peace seekers and soul searchers. One problem mentioned by missionaries is that pure Christian doctrine often times gets mixed with pervasive cultural traditions and animist practices.

~May the name of Christ and Spirit of truth be spoken freely in all nations under heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Confession is Good for the Soul