My Intercessor and My Friend

Greetings in the Lord!

Today's word is from Job 16:19-21:
"Even now my witness is in heaven; my advocate is on high. My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God; on behalf of a man he pleads with God as a man pleads for his friend."

~I love those verses so much. How awesome it is that Job, which most scholars agree was the first book of the Bible to be written, told us of such an intimate relationship we could have with Jesus, as "intercessor" and "friend." That even in our darkest moments He is there to comfort and to be our "witness" to God the Father that we are indeed His child, known and loved. The verses tell of no promises that our current circumstances will change; instead, Job is resigned to the fact that he would probably die before he was vindicated in front of his friends who were falsely accusing him of unrighteousness. Ah, but how wonderful it is that the Lord would doubly bless Job in the end....and actually ask Job to prayerfully intercede on their behalves! So, fellow saints, let's agree together now in prayer to raise up to the Lord any of our fellow brethren that might be in a situation where they are being falsely accused of unrighteousness and ask that the Lord would vindicate and redeem them; and, that their accusers would be filled with His Truth about the length, the breadth, the height, and depth of the love and tender mercy of our God, the Father, and of His Son, our Intercessor and our Friend. ~Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Confession is Good for the Soul