No More Politically Correct Prophecy

Greetings in the Lord!

I want to share with you about a recent, and very relevant experience and word from the Lord. It began a week ago with a dream. In this dream, a very good-looking uncircumcised man came to me holding out a piece of paper in his hand for me to take. The situation seemed harmless and attractive, but a voice from behind me said, "He is an enticing spirit." Immediately I became angry and yelled at him in Jesus' name to leave and never come back. Upon waking from that dream I opened my Bible to 2 Kings 12. That is a story about an enticing spirit coming to all of King Ahab's "prophets" and putting lies in their mouths of success in battle (telling King Ahab what he wanted to hear). I knew it was confirmation of the dream's meaning and that the Lord was preparing me for an "enticing spirit" (but I did not know who, what, when, or where).

Then this past weekend I went to a prophetic conference in Denver. I enjoyed the conference, the praise and worship, etc. However, three times the Lord led me to read about false prophets (Ezekiel 13), spiritual adultery (Ezekiel 23), and returning and recommiting to the Lord to be delivered, healed, and restored (Psalms 81). I was a bit baffled, to be honest, at what the Lord was referring to. Today, as I prayed about the Scriptures I had received He gave me revelation.

In the afternoons of the conference there was "prophetic ministry" time. These were organized teams of people "trained" in hearing God's voice that met with people and shared what 'they were hearing from the Lord.' I was not interested in doing this but felt like the Lord wanted me to sign up. I was given a piece of paper that outlined the "rules" for the prophetic ministry: it was going to be exclusively to encourage, uplift, and edify the participants.

I didn't think anything about it until the Lord explained to me today about the sinfulness of "politically correct prophecy." "Because they lead my people astray, saying, "Peace," when there is no peace, and because, when a flimsy wall is built, they cover it with whitewash, therefore tell those who cover it with whitewash that it is going to fall...When the wall collapses, will people not ask you, "Where is the whitewash you covered it with?" (Ezekiel 13:10-12). "Your prophets, O Israel, are like jackals among ruins. You have not gone up to the breaks in the wall to repair it for the house of Israel so that is will stand firm in the battle on the day of the Lord." (Ezekiel 13:4-5). "Now, son of man, set your face against the daughters of your people who prophesy out of their own imagination....'You have profaned Me among My people for a few handfuls of barley and scraps of bread. By lying to My people, who listen to lies, you have killed those who should not have died and have spared those who should not live....I will tear off your veils and save My people from your hands, and they will no longer fall prey to your power. Then you will know that I am the Lord.'" (Ezekiel 13:17, 19, 21).

~Pretty strong words from the Lord. Let's pray this day that we, as the Body of Christ, will not flock to those who tell us what itching ears want to hear, but that we would prayerfully seek a relationship with Jesus that would cause our hearts to desire repentance and purity. Search our hearts, O Lord, and reveal those things that entice us to stray from You. Pour into us a holy boldness to speak Your words, O Lord, those words of truth that set us free to grow in our knowledge of you, Jesus. We pray that we would seek to be heavenly minded and not worldly oriented. We know that "the coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved....But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. He called you to this through our gospel that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter. May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by His grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word." Amen.
(2 Thes. 2:9-10,13-17).

~Be blessed and be a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

It's Not that Strange, Doctor

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now