Exiles Returning to Take the Land

Greetings in the Lord!

Today's word comes from Ezekiel chapters 11-12, of which I will share selected verses~

"Then the Spirit lifted me up and brought me to the gate of the house of the Lord that faces east. There at the entrance to the gate were twenty-five men,...leaders of the people (the remnant left in Jerusalem). The Lord said to me, "Son of man, these are the men who are plotting evil and giving wicked advice in this city. They say, 'Will it not soon be time to build houses? This city is a cooking pot and we are the meat.' Therefore prophesy against them;..."You have killed many people in this city and filled its streets with the dead....The bodies you have thrown there are the meat and this city is the pot, but I will drive you out of it....And you will know that I am the Lord, for you have not followed my decrees or kept my laws but have conformed to the standards of the nations around you."

Therefore say: 'This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Although I sent them (the exiles) far away among the nations and scattered them among the countries,...I will gather you back from the nations...and I will give you back the land of Israel again. They will return to it and remove all its vile images and detestable idols. I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh."

...The word of the Lord came to me: "Son of man, you are living among a rebellious people. They have eyes to see but do not see and ears to hear but do not hear, for they are a rebellious people. Therefore, son of man, pack your belongings for exile and in the daytime, as they watch, set out and go from where you are to another place. Perhaps they will understand, though they are a rebellious house....Put your belongings on your shoulder as they are watching and carry them out at dusk. Cover your face so that you cannot see the land, for I have made you a sign to the house of Israel."

...The word of the Lord came to me: "Son of man, tremble as you eat your food, and shudder in fear as you drink your water. Say to the people of the land: 'This is what the Sovereign Lord says...: They will eat their food in anxiety and drink their water in despair, for their land will be stripped of everything in it because of the violence of all who live there. The inhabited towns will be laid waste and the land will be desolate. Then you will know that I am the Lord."

~~~~~
"Exile" in Webster's dictionary means: (n) banishment, explusion, deportation, expatriation, ostracism, displacement, separation, refugee, even, "man without a country." What do Americans really know about being exiled? For three times now the Lord has led me to read passages about packing my things "for exile," so I thought He was preparing me to leave. Yes, but no. Let me explain.

About 2-3 weeks ago I turned to a psalm in which it talked about taking refuge in the Lord until the disaster had passed over. "What disaster?" I asked the Holy Spirit. Then began a windfall of financial setbacks and hardships, including having my credit card account stolen and used, being taken by a dishonest mechanic, and many other things. "Oh, that disaster," I said to the Holy Spirit. Since the Lord had prepared me beforehand for this crisis, I understood that I was being a sign to those around me---many will be suffering these financial hardships in the coming days. And just as the trained horse is paired with the wild one to teach him how to wear the yoke, I was showing others how to walk in faith during trials.

With today's passage, I understand that, too, just as I've packed my belongings ready to leave, so also many others will be packing their bags. Who? Well, it begins with the leaders in the churches...those who have been teaching errors about His Word; those who have resisted correction and followed their own ways; those who promote their agendas and not the way of the Spirit. I discern that the "exile" being referred to is the overall removal of those in opposition to the restoration work the Lord is doing in our midst.

Likewise, there will be a general "exile" of those all over our country as financial markets dry up and companies change hands of ownerships; as natural disasters shake one region and flood another. Also, look for the "seven hills upon which she sits" (Rev. 17-18) to become targets of extremist activity and financial crimes and hardships: New York, Los Angeles, Houston, St. Louis, Seattle, Chicago, and Atlanta.

I realize that there are several high profile prophets who are giving words of prosperity and promotion this season.....where do you think the prosperity and positions come from? There is a shift happening now. The righteous will "return to take the land" and rejoice, but the rebellious and unfaithful will despair and groan as they must give back all that they have taken. This "shift" is happening to return hearts back to God. But those who have gone through the "exile" already have learned to rely upon their God! Rejoice in the trials you've had; the long, lonely days with no one to turn to but the Lord--they have and will prepare you for the shakings of these days.

~Be blessed and be a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Confession is Good for the Soul

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now

Like a Soaring Eagle, a Bird of Prey