We Should Be Brothers

Greetings in Christ!

Today's word comes from Ezekiel 35, which was the prophecy Ezekiel gave against Edom. For us today, I discern it is a prophecy for the modern-day nation of Jordan.
V 5) "Because you harbored an ancient hostility and delivered the Israelites over to the sword at the time of their calamity, the time their punishment reached its climax, therefore as surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I will give you over to and it will pursue you. I will make Mount Seir a desolate waste and cut off from it all who come and go..." V 10) "Because you have said, 'These two nations and countries will be ours and we will take possession of them,' even though I the Lord was there, therefore as surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I will treat you in accordance with the anger and jealousy you showed in your hatred of them and I will make myself known among them when I judge you."

I received this word after I had awaken from a vivid dream this morning. In the dream, I recognized being in the Middle East (I lived and traveled there for a season). My foot was hurt and I needed a doctor, so my teammate called for a ride, but they refused to take me because I was American. So, I walked across the downtown on my hurt foot. Much to my surprise, the downtown was empty of people and cars! Off in the distance I saw a huge mosque which was near a church named for John the Baptist. I did not want to go near that mosque because I knew many men gathered there were filled with hostility. My dream illustrated what today's verse is talking about...there are many men in Jordan that want to see the destruction of Israel so they sit by and become facilitators in allowing trouble to come to that nation, not trying to help them. The Lord will judge them severely, after all, these are "brothers" in lineage and culture. In the process, however, many in Israel will recognize the hand of God in the judgement and will have their eyes opened to the true Savior. Praise God!

Again I wanted confirmation that this was indeed about the nation of Jordan and the Lord took me to Isaiah 66:5-6: "Hear the word of the Lord, you who tremble at his word: Your brothers who despise you, and exclude you because of my name have said, 'Let the Lord be glorified that we may see your joy!' Yet they will be put to shame. Hear that uproar from the city, hear that noise from the temple! It is the sound of the Lord repaying his enemies all they deserve."

Let it be as the Lord has said. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Confession is Good for the Soul

A Deep Work Being Done

Unshakable Lord, Have Your Way

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Europe Awaken Yourselves