Fill the Cup of Mercy

Greetings in the Lord!

Today when the Lord led me to read Lamentations chapter 1, my heart sank. Oh, how hard it is to give a mournful message to a nation that knows neither humility or shame. Selah. I pause here to let the Holy Spirit bring tears to your eyes to weep over the Word of the Lord today, for surely "the Lord loves a contrite and broken heart."
V. 6-9 "All the splendor has departed from the Daughter of Zion. Her princes are like deer that find no pasture; in weakness they have fled before the pursurer. In the days of her affliction and wandering Jerusalem remembers all the treasures that were hers in days of old. When her people fell into enemy hands, there was no one to help her. Her enemies looked at her and laughed at her destruction. Jerusalem has sinned greatly and so has become unclean. All who honor her despise her, for they have seen her ness; she herself groans and turns away.
Her filthiness clung to her skirts; she did not consider her future. Her fall was astounding; there was no one to comfort her. "Look, O Lord, on my affliction, for the enemy has triumphed."
V. 18-20a "The Lord is righteous, yet I rebelled against his command. Listen, all you peoples; look upon my suffering. My young men and maidens have gone in to exile. I called to my allies but they betrayed me...See, O Lord, how distressed I am! I am in torment within, and in my heart I am disturbed, for I have been most rebellious...."

The Lord is teaching us it is good and right to cry for the sins of our nation, for maybe He will relent and turn back our enemies. Let our tears of repentance and intercession fill His cup of mercy, for we serve a merciful Father.

Psalm 6: 1) O Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath. 2) Be merciful to me, Lord, for I am faint; O Lord, heal me, for my bones are in agony. 4) Turn, O Lord, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love. 6) I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. 8) Away from me, all you who do evil, for the Lord has heard my weeping. 9) The Lord has heard my cry for mercy; the Lord accepts my prayer. 10) All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed; they will turn back in sudden disgrace. Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Like a Soaring Eagle, a Bird of Prey

Confession is Good for the Soul

A Deep Work Being Done

Unshakable Lord, Have Your Way

It's Not that Strange, Doctor