Separate the Remnant from Babylon

Greetings in the Lord!

It's been awhile since I've gotten these words from Scripture...from 2005-2007 or so, give or take.  They are from Isaiah 46-47 and Jeremiah 51.  If anyone has ever read these passages they will recall that both prophets are decreeing the destruction of Babylon and her idols, and calling for Israel to separate herself from those people's ways to avoid partaking in their coming disaster. 

At that time, the Lord was having me preach and teach from those Scriptures that major trouble (read--His correction) was on the horizon for the United States.  Over the course of those years I gave prophetic words about the coming storms that would hit the US: hurricane Katrina and other natural disasters, the financial crisis, the coming election of ungodly leadership to lead us astray, and the rise of our enemies against us. 

While those were deemed the most newsworthy items, the most important words were for Christians.  The Lord was going to bring major correction to the way we did business--our "prosperity" theologies and the like, our "cult of personalities" that hid sin but made church 'popular;' and in general, our arrogance and apathy towards the ways of God.  And I can tell you that it was the latter prophetic words to Christians that gave me the most grief!  I got "uninvited" to more women's groups, Bible studies, and church congregations than I even care to remember. ha  But, even though they tried to hang on me the title of 'false prophet', the Lord fulfilled His words (test of a true prophet) more than anyone could ever predict He would...and then some.

So, here we are again.  2014, and the Lord is telling Christians again--separate yourself from the ways of the secular and godless.  Though He has refined us in the furnace of affliction, He is our God who sustains us even unto our old age, who rescues us from calamity and loves us enough to purify and mature us.  He says to us: separate yourselves from their ways, for disaster is on the horizon.

"Do not be destroyed because of her sins.  It is time for the Lord's vengeance; He will pay Babylon what she deserves.  Babylon was a gold cup in the Lord's hand; she made the whole earth drunk.  The nations drank her wine; therefore they have now gone mad.  Babylon will suddenly fall and be broken.  Wail over her!  Get balm for her pain; perhaps she can be healed."  Jeremiah 51:6-8.

"Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me.  I make known the end from the beginning, what is still to come.  I say: 'My purposes will stand, and I will do all that I please.'  From the east I summon a bird of prey; from a far-off land, a man to fulfill My purpose."  Isaiah 46:9-11.

"What I have said, that will I bring about; that I have planned, that I will do.  Listen to Me, you stubborn-hearted, you who are far from righteousness.  I am bringing My righteousness near, it is not far away; and My salvation will not be delayed.  I will grant salvation to Zion, My splendor to Israel....I was angry with My people and desecrated My inheritance; I gave them into your hand, and you showed them no mercy."  Isaiah 46:11-47:6.

"You said, 'I will continue forever--the eternal queen!'  But you did not consider these things or reflect on what might happen.  Now then, listen, you wanton creature, lounging in your security and saying to yourself, 'I am, and there is none besides me.  I will never be a widow or suffer loss of children.  Both of these will overtake you in a moment, on a single day; loss of children and widowhood.  They will come upon you in full measure, in spite of your many sorceries and all your potent spells.  You have trusted in your wickedness and have said, "No one sees me."  Your wisdom and knowledge mislead you when you say to yourself, "I am, and there is none besides me."  Disaster will come upon you, and you will not know how to conjure it away.  A calamity will fall upon you that you cannot ward off with a ransom; a catastrophe you cannot foresee will suddenly come upon you."  Isaiah 47:7-11.

So, people of God, we pray that during the year ahead we will be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit, allowing Him to guide and wash and teach us, that we may be found wearing our robes of righteousness and be ready in season and out to give a reason for our hope in Jesus, no matter the circumstances that we may find ourselves in.  In Jesus' name we trust and pray, Amen.

~Be blessed and be a blessing.
  


        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

It's Not that Strange, Doctor

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now