My Enemies Turn Back at the Report of the Lord

Greetings in the Lord!

We have much to thank God for today--3 words of deliverance!  The first comes from Isaiah 37--a passage about Jerusalem being surrounded by the Assyrian army.  At that time the Assyrians were on a successful violent conquest, overtaking the lands around them in their fierce and cruel manner.  As they encamped around Jerusalem, the Assyrian messenger came to boast of their campaign, taunting and ridiculing the Israelites and telling them not to trust in their God, but to give up easily.

King Hezekiah sought the counsel of the Lord through Isaiah the prophet, and the word was given.

Isaiah said to them, "...This is what the Lord says: Do not be afraid of what you have heard---those words with which the underlings of the king of Assyria have blasphemed Me.  Listen!  I am going to put a spirit in him so that when he hears a certain report, he will return to his own country, and there I will have him cut down with the sword."  Isaiah 37:5-7.

The two other words for today that confirm this word of deliverance come from Psalms 16 & 6.

"Keep me safe, O God, for in You I take refuge.  I said to the Lord, 'You are my Lord; apart from You I have no good thing.'  As for the saints who are in the land, they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight.
The sorrows of those will increase who run after other gods.  I will not pour out their libations of blood or take up their names on my lips.
Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; You have made my lot secure....I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.  I have set the Lord always before me.  Because He is at my right hand, I will never be shaken.  Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body will also rest secure, because You will not abandon me to the grave...." Psalm 16:1-10.
"Away from me, all you who do evil, for the Lord has heard my weeping.  The Lord has heard my cry for mercy; the Lord accepts my prayer.  All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed; they will turn back in sudden disgrace."  Psalm 6:8-10.

As the threats of radical violent Islam are on the increase this year, we can turn to the Lord--not trusting in our own military, might, and intellect--but in the power of our God to expose and scatter His and our enemies for His namesake.  We need not be consumed by fear, or return hate for hate, for that is the trap of the enemy.  But to call upon the Lord, trust in His counsel and continue to walk in His ways.  For "You have made known to me the path of life, You will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand." Psalm 16:11 To God be all the glory, power, and majesty.  Amen

~Be blessed and be a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

It's Not that Strange, Doctor

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now