Godly Shake Down

Greetings in the Lord!

Today's word comes from Ezekiel 24:15-27, but I feel led to share it from the Contemporary English Version instead of the usual NIV translation:
"The Lord said, 'Ezekiel, son of man, I will suddenly take the life of the person you love most. But I don't want you to complain or cry. Mourn in silence and don't show that you are grieving. Don't remove your turban or take off your sandals; don't cover your face to show your sorrow, or eat the food that mourners eat.'"

"That morning, I was talking with the people as usual, and by sunset my wife had passed away. The next day I did what the Lord told me, and when people saw me, they asked, 'Why aren't you mourning for your wife?'
I answered:
"The Lord God says He is ready to destroy the temple in which you take such pride and which makes you feel so safe. Your children who now live in Jerusalem will be done away with. Then you will do the same things I have done. You will leave your face uncovered and refuse to eat the food that mourners usually eat. You won't take off your turbans and your sandals. You won't cry or mourn, but all day long you will go around groaning because of your sins."

"I am a warning sign--everything I have done, you will also do. And then you will know the Lord God has made these things happen."

"The Lord said, 'Ezekiel, I will soon destroy the temple that makes everyone feel proud and safe, and I will take away their children as well. On that same day, someone will escape from the city and come to tell you what has happened. Then you will be able to speak again, and the two of you will talk. You will be a warning sign to the people, and they will know that I am the Lord.'"

~Friends, get ready for a godly shake down. I discern with this message that the Lord is going to take away our 'spiritual trophies,' so to speak. And not only that, but there are some who will be disgraced for their sinful heart attitudes, then, too proud to show their grief. Let it be as the Lord has said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Confession is Good for the Soul