Take Time Out to Trust and Seek Him

Greetings in the Lord!

Today's word comes from Exodus 33:1-6.
"Then the Lord said to Moses, 'Leave this place, you and the people you brought up out of Egypt, and go up to the land I promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, saying, "I will give it to your descendants." I will send an angel before you and drive out the Canaanites, Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. Go up to the land flowing with milk and honey. But I will not go with you, because you are a stiff-necked people and I might destroy you on the way.' When the people heard these distressing words, they began to mourn and no one put on any ornaments. For the Lord had said to Moses, 'Tell the Israelites, "You are a stiff-necked people. If I were to go with you even for a moment, I might destroy you. Now take off your ornaments and I will decide what to do with you.' So the Israelites stripped off their ornaments at Mount Horeb."

~This morning I awoke from a dream in which there was a small group of us about to set off to zealously go and do what we thought the Lord's will was for us. As we were about to leave, one member of the group reached into her bag and pulled out a semi-precious stone animal figurine that she wanted to wear around her neck, like for good luck. Getting very angry I said, "What are you doing? The Lord is Sovereign, not a good luck charm! Get rid of that!" I was scared that the Lord would not be with us because someone had put their trust in a magic charm instead of Him. Then I turned to this passage as part of another prayer study and the Holy Spirit let me know that my dream pertained to this scriptural passage. We cannot proceed without the presence of the Lord, in whatever direction the Lord is calling you to right now. We must put our trust in Him, waiting for His guidance, and being humbly obedient in the meantime. This is a time to really seek the Lord's will before proceeding.

~May you completely put your trust in Him and find a quiet place to seek the Lord's guidance today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Confession is Good for the Soul