Wonderful "Wonder" Bread

Greetings in the Lord!


The Lord has been taking me to this passage of Scripture quite a bit over the past three months, and it comes up again today.  It is from John 6:28-29, and 32-40.


Then they asked Jesus, "What must we do to do the works God requires?"
Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one He has sent."


Wow--so simple, yet that is a very deep work.  To believe in Jesus is to have eternal life in Him.  To believe in Jesus is to follow His commands, and to walk in love.  To believe in Jesus is to turn to Him for all things, because He alone can meet all our needs.  That is why Jesus is referred to as the Bread of Life---He is provision, our daily sustenance.  In Him we will never hunger for the temporal things of this world, or thirst for sweet lies of the devil, for his drink and food is deceptive and leads to death.  Jesus is the Life and Light of this world.


"For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."
"Sir, they said, "from now on give us this bread."


Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life.  He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.  But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe.  All those that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 


For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of Him who sent me.  And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that He has given me, but raise them up at the last day.  For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."      


There are so very, very few guarantees in life, that Jesus is one worth holding on to.  Eternal life with Jesus in heaven, guaranteed, is some wonderful bread indeed!


~Be blessed and be a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

Like a Soaring Eagle, a Bird of Prey

Set Free From the Trap

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Sow the Wind, Reap the Whirlwind

Last Warning Call Being Blown

Prophetic Word for Iceland