Arms Lifted Up

Greetings in the Lord!

Today's word caught me a little off guard, I must admit. As I was praying this morning the Holy Spirit said, "Black folks." I wasn't at first sure of what He meant but soon all of the "black folks" that the Lord had put in my life over the years to encourage, strengthen, and enable me to overcome whatever circumstances I may have been going through at the time ran through my mind like a favorite song. Literally, I went all the way back to when I was just a pre-schooler in a church that had a Sunday school teacher named Simon, a wise and loving old black man. He was very old and still had memories of the Old South and how his family dealt with and overcame the issue of slavery. Of course at that tender age I didn't comprehend his stories or wisdom but only responded to his kindness, a reflection of Jesus in his heart.

I recalled past black familes who were my coaches, elementary principal, and friends. Yes, many friends along the way, from playing basketball, college, junior and high school. All of whom uplifted me with their humor, practical wisdom, faith, and persevering attitude. Yes, "black folks" sure have left a special footprint in my life over the years, and I'm sure the Lord will continue to send them my way to bless me.

"As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning. When Moses' hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up--one on one side, one on the other--so that his hands remained steady till sunset. So Joshua overcame the Amalekite army with the sword." Exodus 17:10-13.

And this word is not just for us individually, to remember to thank God for sending us encouragers and enablers when we are weary. No, this word also speaks to the election process as it continues to roll on. Do you know that the Lord is sending encouragers and enablers right now to support Hillary? It's true. We will see the Lord stirring the hearts of "black folks" in this land to support, strengthen, and encourage her in the days ahead---yes, it's true! They will indeed lift her hands up as she petitions the Lord for His help as the battle rages on! Give God the glory.

~Be blessed and be a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now

Set Free From the Trap

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael