Just Say No to Harry Potter

Greetings in the Lord!

Today's word actually takes me back two years ago to when the Lord first began speaking from Joel 2:1-17. In the month of June the Lord told me to fast for 40 days so I did. At that time I was living near to St. Louis, Missouri and working at a YMCA day camp for school-aged children. It was a valuable teaching season as well as "assignment" from the Lord, as He was showing me firsthand the devastating effects of witchcraft and sorcery (mainly in the form of Harry Potter books) on children and adults alike. At this day camp most of the counselors were really into Harry Potter and a good number of the children, too. The Lord showed me demons and unclean spirits that were in and around those people, and also the common "side effects" for them both physically and behaviorally. I was shocked! Not only were the kids negatively affected health wise with ADD, diabetes, accident/sickness prone, etc., but I saw rampant bullying, the speaking of curses over people, extreme controlling and manipulative behavior, and much talk about death--whether that be suicide or killing someone. The icing on the cake was the overall rebelliousness and hostility towards the things of God and excitement for witchcraft.

Naturally I thought I was fasting for the spiritual warfare I was undergoing at that time, but as I was at the end of my fast the Lord gave me this revelation: "With the launching of this Harry Potter book, there is an all-out attack of demons sweeping over America." The Lord then directed me to Joel 2:1-17)

"Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on My holy hill...Like dawn spreading across the mountains a large and mighty army comes, such as never was of old nor ever will be in ages to come....Before them the land is like the garden of Eden, behind them, a desert waste--nothing escapes them...They charge like warriors; they scale walls like soldiers. They all march in line, not swerving from their course...They rush upon the city; they run along the wall. They climb into the houses; like thieves they enter through the windows."

"Even now," declares the Lord, "return to Me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning."...Return to the Lord your God, for He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and He relents from sending calamity."

So it is again...another Harry Potter addition to the series. In January of 2007 Pat Robertson said on his program that the Lord told him America would be attacked in the summer--but he didn't know at the time that it would be an all-out spiritual attack. Another TV prophetic evangelist said he felt Florida would be attacked--it was the decision to open a Harry Potter amusement park in Orlando that he discerned.

So here we are again, and this time the focus seems to be on the LA area. Over the 4th of July the Lord sent me out there yet again with a word from Amos 7, where God showed Amos judgments in the form of locusts and fire, but relented at the intercession of the prophet. However, the Lord said, "Look, I am setting a plumb line among My people Israel; I will spare them no longer. The high places of Isaac will be destroyed and the sanctuaries of Israel will be ruined; with My sword I will rise against the house of Jeroboam."

Fellow saints, be active in sounding the warning to all those who buy Harry Potter books or watch those movies--many people are simply not aware of how dangerous it is. It is unclean. It is death. Flee from sorcery; have nothing to do with it. I pray that the Church would remain spotless from this terrible sin. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

~Be blessed and be a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

It's Not that Strange, Doctor

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now