University Shakeup

Greetings in the Lord!

I wanted to share an update about the time the Lord sent me to Adrian College last year. During my brief stay there, the Lord had filled my nights with dreams and days with words for the students, faculty, and administration--the nature of which could be summed up with this word: "The Lord is going to shake this place."

The Lord showed me dreams in which I saw and heard the male athlete mentality and perpetual sexual violence towards the girls on that small campus, even prompting me to speak with administrators warning them about the dangers of sex crimes and gang rapes against female students. In the daytime I witnessed theft and general disregard for morality and racial/sexual equality in the faculty of the athletic department, even an effort to hide crimes committed by athletes. The Lord had me again speak His words, which were not well received and warnings not heeded.

In January of 2008, things started to be revealed publically. First, the college was officially under investigation for Title IX violations. Title IX has to do with a university's legal responsibility to uphold gender equity in their athletic programs. Next, several male athletes were being investigated for sexual assault in a gang rape allegation. While seemingly unrelated, these issues actually are related in the fact that universities have a legal responsibility to ensure a safe environment for and FROM their athletes. For example, the University of Colorado was found negligent in maintaining proper recruiting and supervision of their athletes which promoted a reckless and dangerous environment for other students, ie, female students were sexually assaulted by football players on recruiting visits. In February 2008 that school paid over $2 million to one female victim.

On the day before I left Adrian College, the Lord gave me Exodus 3:10) "So now go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt," and I visited with the Athletic Director. Well, as it says later in Exodus 3:19-20) "But I know that the king of Egypt will not let you go unless a mighty hand compels him. So I will stretch out My hand and strike the Egyptians with all the wonders that I will perform among them. After that, he will let you go."

~So, I wait to see the fullfillment of the Lord...at least complete fullfillment. I already have been seeing Him move in their midst with the above circumstances. Have you too been sowing prophetic words and wait for their fullfillment?

"Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."
Habakkuk 2:2-3.

~Be blessed and be a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now

Set Free From the Trap

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael