Eagle Named Reconciliation, Justice and Compassion

Greetings in the Lord!

Last night as I was praying for the United States I saw a battered eagle flying above the clouds.  The white feathers on its head were dirty and some had been broken off.  The brown body had the US flag on its back, and it flew along a bit unsteady, weakened and thin, but still carrying on as it knew to do.  Then a wind current began to take it higher and a pink and peach sunrise began to glow, warming its face and bringing strength and comfort.  The tattered feathers were soon replaced by new ones which were strong, clean and healthy and this eagle flew with purpose again, confident of its position high above the earth.  Its mission was reconciliation, justice and compassion. 

As it soared high above I could see the nations of the earth below and discerned that God was going to re-establish the authority and honor it had given America in past years.  Under the outstretched arms I noticed something curious--under the left wing was the Japanese flag both being sheltered and supporting the wing, and under the right wing was the flag of Sweden, also joining in the alliance and sharing in authority and favor.  It seemed that these nations also represented a union of East and West under the canopy and direction of the wings of the United States.  Global leadership was being established again by God for a period of time for the settling of international matters and conflicts.  A season of war and bloodshed is winding down and truces will be formulated under its direction for the reconciliation of people. 

"The poor and needy search for water, but there is none; their tongues are parched with thirst.  But I the Lord will answer them; I, the God of Israel will not forsake them.  I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys....I have stirred up one from the north, and he comes--one from the rising sun who calls on My name.  He treads on rulers as if they were mortar, as if he were a potter treading the clay.  Who told this from the beginning so we could know, or beforehand, so we could say, 'He was right'?  No one told of this, no one foretold it, no one heard any words from you."

"He will not shout or cry out, or raise his voice in the streets.  A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.  In faithfulness he will bring forth justice; he will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth....I am the Lord; this is my name!  I will not give My glory to another or My praise to idols.  See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you."  Isaiah 41:17-18; 25-26; 42:1-4; 8-9.

There is a good promise and blessing on the horizon for the US--under a new administration.  However, in my heart I am scared of what that will look like under an Obama administration.  Global leadership would only be as good as the one leading it...

~Be blessed and be a blessing.

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Confession is Good for the Soul