My Cup Overflows

Greetings in the Lord!

Today's word comes from Psalm 23:5-6. It certainly speaks to me this day, in fact all of Psalm 23 does. But specifically it reminds me to abide and be confident in the protective nature and favor of the Lord, right in the midst of our struggles and opponents.
"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

Having spend nearly 25 years playing competitively in sports, I am keenly aware of what it is like to be promoted and rewarded---indeed, having the Lord's favor, in the midst of an often times jealous and envious crowd of spectators. More than that, it is a relief to know that I don't need to be overly protective of my blessings either, for "my cup overflows." Therefore, even in the midst of those who envy the favor of the Lord, we can actually share more of ourselves to others knowing that the Lord will protect us and bless us even more still.

Praise God for His goodness~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

A Deep Work Being Done

Like a Soaring Eagle, a Bird of Prey

Confession is Good for the Soul

Let the Tour of Shame Continue

Unshakable Lord, Have Your Way