I Think I Can, I Think I Can

Greetings in the Lord!

Today's verse comes from Hebrews 3:7-19.
"So, as the Holy Spirit says: 'Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the desert,...That is why I was angry with that generation, and I said, "Their hearts are always going astray, and they have not known my ways."' So I declared on oath in my anger, 'They shall never enter my rest.'"
"See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first. As has just been said: 'Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion.'"
"Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt? And with whom was He angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the desert? And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed? So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief."

The Israelites started out strong, thankful for the saving power of God and quickly followed Moses from Egypt. However, the Lord needed to purify them, to unify them, to cause them to grow into a faithful nation that would serve Him wholeheartedly. Thus, the trials began and the complaints, rebelliousness, and doubts soon followed: "Is this God...where is He?" "Who put Moses in charge..can't we all hear from God, too?" "I'm tired of manna, give me meat!" We can understand that this is our season of deliverance to the Promised Land too. Be strong and encourage one another, lest we give into the temptation to complain, reject authority, and desire the old worldly comforts again.

Be blessed and be a blessing~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

A Deep Work Being Done

Like a Soaring Eagle, a Bird of Prey

Confession is Good for the Soul

Let the Tour of Shame Continue

Unshakable Lord, Have Your Way