Storms on the Horizon

Greetings in the Lord!

It's been a while since I have blogged anything, mainly because it was a busy summer of international travel. Lots happening in the world, that's for sure.  But currently as I settle down for the fall, I've had many days of reading warfare Psalms such as 60, 61, 91, 121, 26, 53 and so on. All of this indicates to me that September and the next month will be a bumpy ride and give reason for more prayerful intercession. It seems that evil schemes are being hatched and are looking to execute attacks and hostilities--its time to hunker down with the Lord until these disasters blow over.  I also see destructive storms in the natural gaining strength--it's time to pray and ask for God's mercy, for all things are under His Sovereign will.

 Sometimes I've wondered, "Why does God allow these trials to happen?" But ultimately, these trying circumstances are an opportunity for us to grow stronger in Him; to watch as God exposes, subdues and overthrows His enemies, or to allow a period of struggle for the development of our character and faith in Him. People can and do perish sometimes during these trials, but it is a reflection of the growing evil in our world, not that the Lord wants us to perish. It's important to hunker down under the protective care of the Lord in times like these, for God is faithful for people who respond to that warning call.

Psalm 57: Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy! I look to You for protection. I will hide beneath the shadow of Your wings until the disaster passes by.  I cry out to God Most High, to God who will fulfill His purpose for me. You will send help from heaven to rescue me, disgracing those who hound me. My God will send forth His unfailing love and faithfulness.

~Be blessed and be a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

I Have Faith

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now

Beware of Karen and the Nicolaitans

Europe Awaken Yourselves