Stanley Hotel





Greetings in the Lord!

Have you ever been praying to God about one thing and have Him completely shift gears on you and throw in a "curve ball" assignment? Well, God likes to do that to me from time to time. Like, take this past Monday for example.

Monday was my day off of work and out of the blue I had the strong desire to drive two hours to Estes Park, Colorado and take a historic/ghost tour at the famous Stanley Hotel. If you will recall, this is the hotel where Stephen King got the idea and wrote his book, The Shining. Never having been there, it seemed doubly odd that I would desire to go and take a ghost tour too, as I'm not normally inclined to do such things.
Well, if anyone saw the ABC television version of The Shining mini-series, they would most certainly recognize the sights, as it was filmed entirely at the Stanley and they have not changed anything since then. And well, I did get the creeps a couple times on the tour and easily felt the presence of unclean spirits when our tour guide asked for the kids to sit and "play" with them in the kids play area of the fourth floor of the hotel. Originally this floor was reserved exclulsively for children and their nannies. Throughout the tour I just kept thinking that this ghost tour was not a good idea, but actually liked the historical aspect of it as the Stanleys were an amazing family.

The next morning as I was spending time with the Lord, He put on my heart to re-read some past pages in my journal. To my surprise, I read about a dream I had a week prior about visiting a "Bates Hotel" that was under new management. In my dream the new business owners were embracing the "ghost" theme and looking to profit from it...but they did not know what dangerous spiritual door they were opening. I suddenly realized the assignment the Lord had sent me on--the current owners of the Stanley are doing the same percarious thing! With many more unpleasant details from that dream and Monday night's, I called the head of the tours (the tour guides were young college kids mainly) and told her my dreams and the concerns I had about them regularly engaging with and communiciating with unclean spirits. During our conversation the head tour guide became very uncomfortable because much of my dreams related specifically to her--past experiences there, who her friends were, specific parts of the hotel she hated, etc. and she eagerly received the warning from the Lord, and would speak with the owners. Recently they have made much money allowing a ghost hunters TV show to film there and their tour focuses much time on it. Can you imagine a summer job like that for a college student in which they become astute in communicating with the dead? Not advisable.

In these days of much supernatural activity there are many unsuspecting people engaging in spiritually dangerous practices, or even like this hotel, looking to profit from it, but they do not know the serious consequences that arise from it. As Christians we should know not to mess with such things, and out of love for others, inform them so that they have the opportunity to remain spiritually pure, too. Needless to say this tour experience was an unusual way to share the love of Christ to the world and His message of holiness to those who may not be privy to the schemes of the enemy.

~Be blessed and be a blessing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

It's Not that Strange, Doctor

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now