A Deep Work Being Done

Greetings in the Lord~

Today the Holy Spirit spoke to me while I was on the treadmill watching the news.  President Trump walked across the screen and gave a half wave and somber nod to the crowd.  Obviously, he's seen better days.  The Holy Spirit said, "Psalm 123;" I recognized this one from my own tough times...

I lift my eyes to You, O God, enthroned in heaven.  
We keep looking to the Lord our God for His mercy, just as servants keep their eyes on their master, as a slave girl watches her mistress for the slightest signal.
Have mercy on us, Lord, have mercy, for we have had our fill of contempt.
We have had more than our fill of the scoffing of the proud and the contempt of the arrogant.

Yes, indeed; this psalm says so much, like the long sigh of a person when words fail them.  The Holy Spirit continued, "He is a broken man; I am doing a deep work in him and it is very painful now.  But he will not be removed from office, and every accusation against him will be found hollow and groundless, and yet, none of it will be wasted, though it seem unbearable now.  For I will turn all of the opposition's hateful lies and rhetoric against themselves---every roadblock will become a springboard for his re-election.  And yet now is the difficult time of deep work being done in his soul to develop patience, humility, endurance and more discernment."

I recalled part of the prophetic word given at the start of January 2019: "Lastly, I also discerned that the need for prayer and intercession will increase exponentially for Christians, for these Antichrist winds will try to stir up violence and persecution against believers worldwide again.  Even President Trump will be forced to his knees to pray for God's direction and protection and strategy as he will not be able to proceed using conventional knowledge and resources alone anymore -- spiritual battles require spiritual weapons and strategies.  By taking refuge in God's Word and through trusting in prayer to the Most High, we will see victory and maintain our shalom. God is forever faithful and delights to save the humble who take refuge in Him."

The Lord is King! He is robed in majesty. Indeed, the Lord is robed in majesty and armed in strength. The world stands firm and cannot be shaken. Psalm 93:1


In other news of a deep work being done, this past week the United Methodist Church had a general assembly to vote on whether or not to allow its pastors to perform gay marriages, and it was voted down; it also stipulated stiff punishments for pastors who refused to obey this ruling and advised dissenting congregations to form their own congregation outside of the Methodist denomination.  This cause much heartache for many, and a sigh of relief for others. 


Of the over 12 million members, about half of the denomination is represented in African nations, and much of the conservative vote came from those delegates.  I've been saying for years, "Thank God for the Africans!!" The Western mainstream churches like the Methodists have become so worldly and compromised in their interpretation of Scripture, I thank God for the Africans and Koreans and other more conservative nations that make up the body of the Methodist denomination for their adherence to Scripture.  We often think in the West that because we have more money that we know better, but truth be told, we are like the church in Laodicea--"wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked."  We need the Africans and Koreans and others way more than they need us, I'm afraid.  Who else would vote according to Scripture?  And mind you, it's not only the issue of gay marriage, but adultery and divorce is 50% in the Church like it is in our culture.  I don't see Methodists having a day of prayer for all of that sin, which is discussed way more often in Scripture I might add, like I did for this week's voting result.  


Anyway, the voting result did not surprise me as earlier in the week I had a dream about it, although I was not aware of the upcoming vote.  In my dream, I took an elevator down to the 26th floor with some people that were pretty clearly homosexual, and we were all dressed for a wedding.  On the 26th floor, there were very tall "priests" wearing white robes with red and yellow stolls (long colored material that is worn around the neck of priests).  Immediately, I knew that these were self-ordained priests and not real priests of God and the red and yellow they wore symbolized warning!.  I decided right there I would NOT attend the gay wedding and have my presence be a sign of agreement to something that I know God finds detestable.  I can understand same-sex attraction, but to live that lifestyle as a practice is like unrepentant and blatant sin.  Would I feel as permissive for any other sin, like murder or gossiping or lying? No way, sin is sin is sin.  But I did not want to raise a big fuss either, so I simply walked away according to my conscience. We all sin in many ways and life is full of temptations, but it is better to be hated and persecuted for doing good than well-liked for living in agreement with the disobedient. 


Declare me innocent, O Lord, for I have acted with integrity; I have trusted in the Lord without wavering. Put me on trial, Lord, and cross-examine me. Test my motives and my heart. For I am always aware of your unfailing love, and I have lived according to Your truth...I hate the gatherings of those who do evil, and I refuse to join in with the wicked. I wash my hands to declare my innocence. I come to Your altar, O Lord, singing a song of thanksgiving and telling of all Your wonders....Don't let me suffer the fate of sinners....redeem me and show me mercy. Now I stand on solid ground, and I will publicly praise the Lord.  Psalm 26


~Be blessed and be a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Confession is Good for the Soul