Opening of Eyes

Greetings in the Lord!

Recently the Lord has been speaking from Isaiah chapters 42-43, which has the central theme of God redeeming His people from their troubles--troubles brought on by their past rebelliousness and sin, and empowering them to move boldly in newly leveled roads that the Lord had paved for us to move out and proclaim truth and freedom to those held captive. The passages also tell of an increasing divide between those who trust in the Lord and are delivered from their troubles, and of those who trust in their idols and remain in their unfortunate circumstances and disillusionment.

"For a long time I have kept silent, I have been quiet and held Myself back. But now, like a woman in childbirth, I cry out...I will lay waste the mountains and hills...I will turn rivers into islands and dry up pools. I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will lead them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them. But those who trust in idols, who say to images, "You are our gods," will be turned back in utter shame." (Isaiah 42:14-17)

The passage goes on to talk about how the Lord will be calling to the north, south, east and west all His people together--bringing them into unity. He will begin to open their eyes--which were blinded--and begin to show them His salvation as proof of His saving power and mercy. I discern that to mean that the Lord will begin to open the spiritual eyes of His people to see clearly the political process that has been unfolding before us in America. Where there was confusion and blindness the Lord will begin to open the eyes of His people to see clearly. They will not so love their own lives as to forsake the Lord's ways and commands; they will not elevate their own thoughts and opinions higher than what the Lord has deemed worthy and righteous; and they will testify that what the Lord said He would do from the beginning He has done--contrary to what worldly nay-sayers said would happen.

As we travel down the road of free-will, the Lord presents many opportunities to follow His will, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." But too often we are blinded from our own thoughts, opinions, desires, and greed, even from the false prophets who speak lies to us of worldly peace and prosperity and we follow them for a time. But alas, the Lord is His mercy continues to stir us awake and rub our eyes; wisdom still calls out to her children in the marketplace to choose her; the Lord allows trials and controversies to come upon His people so that they would be shaken and understand and turn back to Him--their Savior. And the Lord says:

"I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from Me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed--I, and not some foreign god among you. You are My witnesses," declares the Lord, "that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am He. No one can deliver out of My hand. When I act, who can reverse it?" (Isaiah 43:11-13)

~Be blessed and be a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now

Set Free From the Trap

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael