Toto, We're Not in Kansas Anymore

Greetings in the Lord!

This past weekend the Lord put on my heart to go to St. Louis, MO to visit friends in past places of ministry. The drive over was mostly through the state of Kansas, which, with its endless plains and farming fields, was a little less than interesting. However, while driving along the Lord drew my attention to the fences along the sides of the road and brought to my rememberance the fact that Matthew Shepherd had been tied up to die to a fence similar to what I was seeing. I also recalled the movies "Boys Don't Cry" and "Brokeback Mountain" which told stories of hate crimes being committed in the Plains region of the United States. The Spirit said to me,
"The people here think that because they can see clearly for miles that they see clearly--but they do not."

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." Matthew 7:3-5.

I was understanding from the Lord that in the state of Kansas there exists a stronghold of judging others unfairly, even to the point of condemning them to death. I discern that the Lord will begin to expose this, especially in the church, and that in places where there are groups and/ or organizations that gather specifically in agreement for hatred towards a certain population that the Lord will begin to move strongly in their midst, holding them accountable for their words and actions.

After that revelation, the Lord began to give me a vision of a giant cloud settling down over the state. I was about 100 miles west of Kansas City and it seemed as though the presence of the Lord in the cloud was just hovering above the land, about 15 feet above the earth for as far as I could see in any direction. I discerned that He was imparting revelation to the faithful there and listening to their prayers waiting for the time when He was going to pour Himself out in a mighty way. It reminded me of the passage where Moses goes up to speak to God on the mountain while the Israelites waited below. To be honest, I'm not sure exactly what all that means, but as I was being literally blown across Kansas I discerned winds of change are coming and are already moving briskly to change the "climate" of the mentality of the people. There seems to be a rising of voices declaring God's will coming from that region as the Lord's presence fills them with revelation and truth. May the Lord's will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

~Be blessed and be a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Confession is Good for the Soul

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now