Swept Clean

Greetings in the Lord!

It is good to write to you again. I don't know about many of you, but the 'winds of change' that were written about back in Nov./Dec. have been blowing mightily around my neck of the woods! Yes, turbulent and forceful winds. Winds that have gone way beyond wrecking hairdos and more like having people run for cover. This morning as I was praying I saw myself hunkered down on the ground while a windstorm raged above me. The Lord was letting me see just how I've been spiritually for the past months--not moving backwards, but digging in with my hands, knees and feet to remain firmly fixed to the ground, to the Rock that can't be moved while all else is swept away.

But alas, in confirmation to the word Chuck Pierce gave today, the winds will be changing in our favor soon enough. For high above the windstorm the Lord has been watching to see that all He has planned to do this season in our hearts has been accomplished. "Do not fear, O Jacob my servant; do not be dismayed, O Israel. I will surely save you out of a distant place...Jacob will again have peace and security, and no one will make him afraid." (Jeremiah 46:27) Yes, the Lord is repositioning us to restore us...having taught us a few things in the meantime. It is interesting that in verse 28 the Word continues with: "Do not fear, O Jacob my servant, for I am with you," declares the Lord. "Though I completely destroy all the nations among which I scatter you, I will not completely destroy you. I will discipline you but only with justice;..."

What have you seen or heard or learned these past couple months that you could have only come to know about yourself by going 'through it', so to speak? Funny how that happens, huh? Twice this week the Lord has led me to read Numbers 3, about the two sons of Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, who were killed for offering "unauthorized fire" before the Lord. The word used for this in the Hebrew actually means 'strange fire.' I began to realize that the issue wasn't so much about the sons, as they had been consecrated as priests, but the fact that they felt it was OK to present to the Lord something that was completely not acceptable to Him--not even recognizable to His holy nature.

"You must distinguish between the holy and the common, between the unclean and the clean, and you must teach the Israelites all the decrees the Lord has given them through Moses." (Lev. 10:10-11). Back in November, when the "windstorm" began to blow fiercely into my life, I discerned that it would be a season of 'maintaining and enduring.' In other words, remaining faithful even in the storm...the Lord was weaving together another testimony for me to share with others, for sure! Here it is four months later and I can tell you that the windstorm has hardly abated. Why do I share that? Because, as I've witnessed from living in other nations, that it is very easy to throw away all distinction between right and wrong, ie, "holy and the common, between the unclean and clean" when the going gets tough. In fact, the enemy counts on that! While a large majority of our nation has compromised spiritually out of indulgence and pleasure, compromising ethics for financial security, for those who are unwavering and hold firm to the Word and are guided by the Spirit...the windstorm! Even still, the Lord allowed the windstorm do accomplish His purposes. It has provided a season of purifying for the faithful. Ones who can say with all integrity, "This is the way, walk in it."

"Moses then said to Aaron, "This is what the Lord spoke of when He said: 'Among those who approach me I will show myself holy; in the sight of all the people I will be honored.' Aaron remained silent." (Leviticus 10:3).

Be blessed and be a blessing~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Confession is Good for the Soul

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now