Go Ahead, Defy Gravity

Greetings in the Lord~

You know, sometimes the Holy Spirit speaks to me in the most unlikeliest of places...rather, He feels at liberty to step outside the "church" box I try to put Him in, if you know what I mean.  So I get surprised when the Holy Spirit begins to speak His words in a secular situation--I wasn't expecting Him!  Take, for example, many times the Lord has spoken to me through music, TV shows, and even movies--oh,the horror of it all!  We really can't be too religious with God, can we?

Anyway, I was watching some Youtube videos of "Britain's Got Talent," or one of those type of shows and was being amazed by the young talent on there. But there was one song and performer that stood out to me, dropped my jaw more like!  It was the performance of a shy, very unassuming teen girl singing "Defying Gravity."  From her pigeon toes to her baby cheeks, Simon was clearly annoyed with her before the music even started.  The look on his face said it all--as usual--"There's no way this girl is going to perform this; another five minutes of my life wasted."  Then the music started.....

It was as if this awkward teen transformed right before our eyes.  Her voice was bold and dramatic and hit every note perfectly in this amazingly difficult song as if she was a seasoned professional on Broadway!  The lyrics gave voice to the very real metamorphosis happening--she really was defying all the laws of "gravity" and soaring--everyone in the audience was in complete disbelief.  Watch here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVQ53howlr8

After watching it a couple more times, my eyes were drawn to when it had been published, 2016. Then, I felt inclined to look up the lyrics:

Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes and leap!
It's time to try
Defying gravity
I think I'll try
Defying gravity
And you can't pull me down!

So if you care to find me
Look to the Western sky!
As someone told me lately:
"Everyone deserves the chance to fly!"
And if I'm flying solo
At least I'm flying free
To those who'd ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am
Defying gravity
I'm flying high
Defying gravity
And soon I'll match them in renown!
And nobody in all of Oz
No Wizard that there is or was
Is ever gonna bring me down!

Read more: Wicked - Defying Gravity Lyrics | MetroLyrics 



After reading and watching the video, I could feel that all of this was significant, so I waited to hear if the Holy Spirit was going to add anything, which He did; "Isaiah 55," He said.  Isaiah 55 is an encouraging passage--it is an invitation to the "thirsty," --

Come , all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come buy and eat!  Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me and eat was is good, and you will delight in the richest of fare.  Give ear and come to Me; listen, that you might live.

People who do not thirst are those that are full of the world.  Though they are not satisfied, they prefer to fill up on all the things the world has to offer though it is temporal and carnal.  Friends of the world are, in fact, enemies of God.  They might not think of themselves that way because most people act "right" most of the time so they think they are good enough.  But truth be told, they don't seek God because they don't feel they have a need for Him, and since Jesus is about relationship not religion, they won't seek a relationship with Him and be saved.  Yet if you are not for Him, you are against Him.  But today's prophetic word is about an invitation to those who are "thirsty."  They are willing to take the leap and defy "gravity," they are 'done playing by someone else's rules' and they can't go back to sleep--they want more and are willing to go find it.  And this Scripture says that those seekers will be rewarded with good things--more than what they had expected in the first place!  Not just healing waters, but wine, milk and rich food; God is a good God who delights to restore the lame, the repentant, and the broken-hearted.  The UK is ripe for spiritual revival and God is passing out the invitations!

"Seek the Lord while He may be found; call on Him while He is near." Is.55:6  Jesus is extending salvation to those who will to receive His gospel of grace.  It has been and continues to be a season to defy gravity, to defy business as usual.  Go ahead, take the leap! It is not a coincidence that this amazing performance occurred when it did; I truly believe that in the midst of all the struggles going on in the UK, God is turning around the evil for His glory by creating a hunger and thirst for more of Him in the hearts of people over there---and He will satisfy those who diligently seek Him.  He is a good God who will reveal His glory to all people.  This prophetic word will not prove false:

"just as rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is My word that goes out from My mouth: it will not return to Me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."  

Amidst all of the unrest and tragedies that have happened in the UK over the past couple of years, God is promising refreshment and strength, healing and comfort for those who seek Him  I still recall the decree of the Lord in 2012, "England is finding her voice," and they have been going through growing pains ever since. Yet, they are getting stronger and shucking off the spirit of political correctness that had sought to immobilize them; they are no longer wanting to play by those rules and are thirsty for truth and justice.  And thirsty is a good place to be....

~Be blessed and be a blessing.      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

I Have Faith

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now

Beware of Karen and the Nicolaitans

Europe Awaken Yourselves