The Wild West

Greetings in the Lord!

Today the Lord is putting on my heart Joel chapter 3, of which I will share selected verses:

v. 1-2)"In those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will enter into judgment against them concerning My inheritance, My people Israel, for they scattered My people among the nations and divided up My land."
v. 12-13)"Let the nations be roused; let them advance into the Valley of Jehoshaphat, for there I will sit to judge all nations on every side. Swing the sickle, for the harvest is ripe. Come, trample the grapes, for the winepress is full and the vats overflow--so great is their wickedness!
v.14,16)"Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision....The Lord will roar from Zion and thunder from Jerusalem; the earth and the sky will tremble. But the Lord will be a refuge for His people, a stronghold for the people of Israel."

~~It is interesting to be living in the Denver area. Even the vision I saw on the way here was intense: the straight road I was driving on was parting white-capped waves raging all around me. It symbolized to me that the Word and power of God would split the noisy din of rebelling voices. Very clearly I feel the spiritual battlelines being drawn up. Likewise, it is no coinsidence that the Democratic Convention will be held here later this year. It is a "valley of decision" for sure. And what is the Lord speaking to us today in the 3rd chapter of Joel? I discern that the "first shall be last, and the last shall be first." "What?", you ask. Yes, the winner very well could be the loser and the loser the winner. For there is an event on the horizon for our nation that the Lord will surely reckon with if we make decisions that break His land covenant with Israel:
"In those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all nations and bring them down in the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will enter into judgment against them concerning My inheritance, My people Israel, for they scattered My people among the nations and divided up My land." (Joel 3:1-2).

The United States is a nation comprised of many nations, and we are being called together to make decisions in accordance with the will of God. This is an important year for the American church to be lifting up our government and leaders in prayer. They need wisdom and guidance like never before. Our nation as a whole needs prayerful intercession for God's mercy. But fear not, God's people! For the Lord is our refuge and safe haven in times of trouble.

~Be blessed and be a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Confession is Good for the Soul