Putting the "C" Back in the YMCA

Greetings in the Lord!



About two weeks ago I had a dream in which I looked over to the direction of my closet and I saw a rock in a desert---then water, clear and cool came out from it and filled my spirit. It was so refreshing that I actually woke up full of energy. It reminded me of the rock Moses struck in the desert that brought forth water for the Israelites. It was so powerful a dream that I discerned that something new was about to take place.



Well, sure enough. This week the Lord has put on my heart that He intends to pour out His Spirit on the YMCA where I am employed. The funny thing is, all up until that dream of water coming from the rock, I had been distressed about the lack of the true "C"--Christianity, in the YMCA. By in large, the organization promotes "good" religious values (Caring, Respect, Responsibility, and Honesty) and give some lip service to God, but actions and hard heart conditions toward Jesus and the Word are overly prevalent. The bottomline is that today's YMCA actually promotes a pagan-Christian viewpoint that walks hand in hand with worldly living and mentalities. Oh, but the Lord is wanting to distinguish Himself from this! He is the God of miracles, spiritual gifts, and the Spirit of Truth and power.



"The poor and needy search for water, but there is none; their tongues are parched with thirst. But I the Lord will answer them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them. I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys. I will turn the desert into pools of water, and the parched ground into springs....so that people may see and know, may consider and understand, that the hand of the Lord has done this, that the Holy One of Israel had created it." Isaiah 41:17-20.



Oh yes, the Lord will show Himself mighty there and the ones who will be touched by His healing and delivering power will tell testimonies of His goodness and mercy! From the YMCA the Lord will pour out His Spirit into this community, the life and light of Jesus Christ will shine brightly! And those willing vessels will be blessed, while the ones who prefer darkness will be sifted and threshed.



"This is what the Lord says--He who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it, who gives breath to its people and life to those who walk on it: "I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness. I am the Lord; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols. See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you." Isaiah 42:5-9.

~Be blessed and be a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Confession is Good for the Soul