Season of Conquest and Liberation

Greetings in the Lord!

This word comes from Joshua 10 and Isaiah 42.  The theme of these taken together is of conquest and liberation--all at the hand of God.  In Joshua 10, the story begins with five kings in the south of Canaan becoming worried at the recent victories of this people called Israel, and they decide to ban together against them in battle.  Well, God had other ideas.

"The Lord said to Joshua, 'Do not be afraid of them; I have given them into your hand.  Not one of them will be able to withstand you.'"  Joshua 10:8

The battle began and after one long day--made longer by God suspending time for a while so they could finish the job in one campaign--Israel and Joshua was victorious by the hand of God.  The Bible names these five kings by name: Adoni-Zedek, Hoham, Piram, Japhia, and Debir, as if to single them out so Israel would never forget these sure victories. 

The time had begun for conquest and liberation.  And again the Lord tells us, 'The time is now for conquest and liberation."  Expect to see great victories and liberation of the oppressed this summer and early fall.  God will not be denied--for now is the time, in one campaign, the winds will change, the tide will rise and sweep out to sea all the strongholds of the wicked, those who thought they could hide away and stubbornly refuse to give up those they had captured and the things they had plundered.  And once free, the poor and newly liberated will be guided by the hand of God--they will be given direction and wisdom to make their way in unchartered waters, though the way may seem uncertain. 

"I am the Lord; that is My name!  I will not yield My glory to another or My praise to idols.  See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you."

"The Lord will march out like a champion, like a warrior He will stir up His zeal; with a shout He will raise the battle cry and will triumph over His enemies.  For a long time I have kept silent, I have been quiet and held Myself back.  But now, like a woman in childbirth, I cry out...I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth.  These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.  But to those who trust in idols, who say to images, 'You are our gods,' will be turned back in utter shame."  Isaiah 42:8-9, 13-14, 16-17.

~Be blessed and be a blessing.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joel 2: Locusts Swarm and Devour the Land

A Tsunami of Truth and Justice

Confession is Good for the Soul

Battlements of Rubies, Gates of Sparkling Jewels

Righteousness and Justice Your Foundation

My Brother Ishmael

Strong Hand of the Lord Moving Now